Did the PGA Tour just give Tiger, Phil, JT, & Ricky a free bonus? In January, the PGA Tour implemented a 40 million dollar Impact Bonus Fund. The bonus is based on Players who positively move the needle off the course.
Let’s remind you what the PGA Tour announced a few weeks ago. Monahan told players they would be taking over more control over the mics and cameras for the PGA Tour and limiting the conversations heard by viewers. But now they are rewarding players for moving the needle off the course. The top 10 players who are voted popular kid will be rewarded 8 Million Dollars Each.
So here are the guidelines for the race to be the most popular players on tour.
(1) Their position on the season-ending FedEx Cup points list.
(2) Their popularity in Google Search.
(3) Their Nielsen Brand Exposure rating, which places a value on the exposure a player delivers to sponsors though the minutes they are featured on broadcasts.
(4) Their Q Rating, which measures the familiarity and appeal of a player’s brand.
(5) Their MVP Index rating, which calibrates the value of the engagement a player drives across social and digital channels.
(6) Their Meltwater Mentions, or the frequency with which a player generates coverage across a range of media platforms.
What are your thoughts on this nonsense??? I would love it if there was a live leaderboard. Especially if Tiger never leaves the top…
Xander validated the PGA Tour Point.
"Apparently we were told about it in January," Schauffele said. "Pat and I were in Hawaii, we weren't made aware of this news, maybe we were and we forgot about it, but I can't really speak on it."
Xander also reported he doesn't even run his Instagram...
Max Homa chimed in on Twitter and appears to have a head start.